Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musicologist (Under Consideration)

Go down 
+2
jbev2
Mel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Musicologist

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty
PostSubject: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty7th October 2009, 16:16

I read and understood and approve the first 4 rules of this forum

Player Name:
Musicologist

Ranking:

Villages Description:
Babylon____(-69|-321) - Rank:17882 - Population: 549 - My current capital
Damascus__(-12|-360) - Rank:19969 - Population: 481 - Provides supplies for the cropper
Medina.____(-11|-360) - Rank:26691 - Population: 271 - 15 cropper

Baghdad.___(-10|-359) - Rank:31179 - Population: 193 - Newly founded village

Map Location:
Musicologist (Under Consideration) Map.php?lang=en&server=s7.travian

Troops Description:
Mostly offensive troops, I don't really like defencive troops most of the time I avoid an incoming attack then attack back. Unless of course the incoming attack is from a skilled player, I try to do as much damage I can then.

Playing Game Style:
I'm not aggressive, I tend to concentrate on my villages and growing them. I attack if there's some small player near me to farm. Or, of course, if there's a war going on.

Current Alliance:
I started my own alliance, but a very short while after that I was asked to join another allaince (me and the members of the alliance). We joined *SCB*. And it turned out to be a lowsy alliance, the guy in charge was pretty much NOT playing travian. So we decided to start another alliance and all move to it. We started the aliance CODE. I am currently a leader in that alliance. This all happened pretty soon so basically the alliance is still fresh.

Reasons to leave the Current Alliance:
No one is as active as I am. No one is as involved as I am. They don't respont quickly, sometimes they don't respond at all. And I could swear that I can count the blue dots I have seen throughout the entire time on just one hand.

Reasons to join us:
I want to actually play the game like it was meant to be played. I want to be with active players, an organized team. I want to help out, and be helped out. Someone who I can actually count on. I want to be with bigger, more skilled players. I want someone to look up to and learn from. I am pretty sure this alliance will give me everything I'm looking for. Being with the players that currently surround me makes me want to just delete my account and never say the word Travian ever again.

What you will bring to us:
Seeing you are a pretty big alliance with many skilled players, there isn't much I could give you that you don't have already. But I can promise that I'll give you my enthusiasm, my activity and good will. I am a team player, I love to be involved with others, I can give suggestions ideas perhaps, and I respect the thoughts and views of others. I will respond to any tasks/orders given to me. I will be active, and I can get things done. I won't let you down.

Extra Info:
I'm not a very skilled player in Travian, this is my first server. But I am very eager to learn from the best and hopefully soon be one of them. As mentioned above, I have 3 villages. I'm planning to very soon found my 4th one. Then next, a second 15 cropper. I have it all planned out already and my 2nd and 3rd village are positioned in a very good place for potential growth.

What battles (offensive and/or defensive) have you been involved with in the last 2 weeks :
My alliance decalred war on win ww just a day ago. There hasnt been a lot of action in my own villages actually, the battles are taking place at other memebrs villages. And I should mention also, there's a player that's attacked my capital a couple of times for some reason, but all attempts (to farm I guess ?) fail, he gets 0 resources. Unfortunately, I'm not really defending it since I'm currently concetrating on leveling up my cropper and founding a 4th village, all my army activity has been there.

Last edited by Musicologist on 13th October 2009, 09:29; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mel

Mel

Male
Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty7th October 2009, 18:31

Hi

I could be wrong but you are to small to join and if i am wrong you are still to small to join.
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty7th October 2009, 18:57

Mel wrote:
Hi

I could be wrong but you are to small to join and if i am wrong you are still to small to join.

It says minimum population 1,100 does'nt it ? My population may barely be above that but it's still above that. Anyway, there's no harm in trying is there ?
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty8th October 2009, 05:02

Oh come on ! Man I hate being with these boring alliances Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_sad I probably can't reach 2,500 before you guys increase the minimum population again ..

If I only found out about this game earlier Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty8th October 2009, 05:30

Okay now I'm really confused, it still says 1,100 on your alliance over at Travian [Link].

I qoute:

DO NOT APPLY TO Burb, THE ANSWER WILL ALL WAYS BE NO!!!DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOUR POPULATION IS GREATER THAN 1100.

APPLY THROUGH THE FORUM!

And there are a couple of players under 2,500 (1 guy has 5 villages and almost the same population as mine Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_eek) And in another wing there's like 5 members below that too Musicologist (Under Consideration) Confused

Can't I be one of those members who are under minimum population but somehow exist in the alliance Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_cry ? I really think I deserve a chance ..
Back to top Go down
jbev2

jbev2

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty8th October 2009, 08:22

The reason that they are smaller than the current minimum requirement is simple. They joined at a stage when the requirement for joining was lower. If they are truly under performing then at some point they will be kicked and chiefed or farmed.

His application will be considered the same as every other applicant. If someone doesn't think he has what it takes, then they can vote on it in the private section.
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty8th October 2009, 09:33

Thank you for considering my application, I very much appreciate it Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Lili

Lili

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty13th October 2009, 17:27

Considering his late start, especially if he's a beginner, he has a pretty good standing.
Obviously he has the zest for the game.
But Musicologist, if those guys decide to accept you (I would accept you), these thoughts of yours need to change:
"Mostly offensive troops, I
don't really like defencive troops most of the time I avoid an incoming
attack then attack back. Unless of course the incoming attack is from a
skilled player, I try to do as much damage I can then.

Playing Game Style:
I'm not aggressive"
Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_clown
Mostly offensive troops, but you're not aggressive?!
You don't like defensive troops...mmmmm...and when cata's come, you'll avoid attack, and then sit and cry afterward, or you'll ask constantly for my 10000 def troops that I have meticulously built for a few months.
Not a good strategy...or not a strategy at all...
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty14th October 2009, 03:52

Actually, I started working on training defensive troops lately. I might not have a strategy because I never was involved with a REAL alliance yet. And I don't get attacked by 1000+ troops or cata's, I'm guessing because I'm not with a big alliance that goes through big battles.

I have 4 villages now, and I was getting worried about how I'm supposed to defend them all. So I'm paying much more attention about defence now.

Anyways, it's things like this that I want to learn from you guys. I want to get involved with bigger more skilled players to learn how to have a proper strategy, how to properly react to attacks/threats, and how to properly attack someone and do most damage. I really appreciate your advice Lili Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Kit_Cat

Kit_Cat

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty14th October 2009, 12:04

Instead of the normal stamp, I'm writing to let you know that your application was denied.

This does not mean you can't apply at a later time and it does not mean that you can't work with LW people around you and learn from them. The size of your account wouldn't have been an overly big problem except for the fact of where you're located.

Being so far out of LW range, it's a hard thing for both the alliance and the player to protect each other on both sides and be of use to one another. Taking a tag in travian, when you're alone in the middle of enemies (and generally, all big alliances consider anyone they're not confed with to be enemies) it makes you an automatic target. Work on your growth, work on seeing if the nearest LW people will work with you, even the smallest of players if they've proved themselves part of the team can make it in.
Back to top Go down
Musicologist

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty14th October 2009, 16:11

Hmm, well I understand. The location is a big problem actually.

By the way, if we reach end game and then the server starts again, all LW alliances will be located in the SE part ? I don't want to choose to start in the SE next time and then find all LW alliances in the SW Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_eek

Anyways, I appreciate the considiration. I'm looking forward to join you sometime later in the future Musicologist (Under Consideration) Icon_biggrin I'll work on growing my villages for now, maybe I'll find me some other great alliance.

Thanks everyone for your time!
Musicologist out
Back to top Go down
Kit_Cat

Kit_Cat

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty14th October 2009, 16:14

Normally LW doesn't do the same server twice in a row, and the decision isn't generally made until after endgame, but this forum is the same one we've used for all LW servers and updates are usually posted in the public section so if you check back around then you might get more news Smile
Back to top Go down
jazkat74

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty2nd December 2009, 07:02

I just like the person's name. As a musicologist myself, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musicologist (Under Consideration)   Musicologist (Under Consideration) Empty

Back to top Go down

Musicologist (Under Consideration)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TRAVIAN S7 :: Welcome to Lightwarriors S7.com :: Be a Lightwarrior-
Jump to: